- Helps clean your liver : water is the key component of any detox water recipe, the enzymes help stimulate liver functions and eliminates waste from your body.
- Aids digestion : Acids in lemon water have been reported to slow the digestion process which helps with better absorption of nutrients.
- Boosts your immune system : lemon water is a good source of vitamin C which helps in improving the strength of your immune system.
- Improves your skin condition : lemon water contains antioxidant which help reduce blemishes and minimizes wrinkles. Also it contains vitamin C which naturally firms up the skin.
- Lemon Detox Water assists with weight loss.
- Naturally boosts your metabolism.
- Helps increase your energy levels.
- Contains potassium which helps lower your blood pressure.
- 2 fresh lemons
- 600ml of clean water
- Manual juice extractor
- Water bottle
Squeeze out the juice from the halved lemon using the juice extractor,
Take the second lemon and cut it into thin slices, fill your water bottle with clean water, and add the juice of the halved lemon into the water. Also put your lemon slices into the bottle
Allow it to sit in your fridge for 1 hour, before serving. You can refill the bottle with more water 2 to 3 times during the day, before it begins to lose flavour.
Note : lemon detox water is perfect to take with you and sip all day like regular water or as a weight loss treat. To make it easier on the go , I recommend a portable water bottle which can be tucked into your bag.
Have you tried any detox water before ? Would you love to give the lemon detox water a try? Kindly leave your comments below .